Available to all fully vaccinated dogs aged between 4 months and 18 months (at time of Orientation) who have had little to no formal training or require a refresher course. The dog basics course helps you and your dog to establish foundation behaviours such as sit, stay, drop, got to mat and recall and train under mild distraction. This course includes self-control and confidence building exercises as well as basic trick training. The course will cover simple behaviour management techniques that are relevant to the group, to help overcome or prevent problematic behaviours from being established.
Course Investment: $195 (10% discount for RSPCA ACT adopted dogs and puppies). This investment also includes a client pack available at orientation which includes a clicker, treat pouch and training guide.
Length: 1 hour for 6 consecutive weeks (including a dog-free orientation)
- Compulsory attendance at the orientation session
- C5 vaccination (certificates to be brought along to orientation)
Course requirements: A soft, flat collar or harness and lead attached at all times.
- Please ensure that you check your ’Junk’ inbox in your email as correspondence may be sent there.
- RSPCA ACT adopted dogs receive a 10% discount off, please call 6287 8100 to receive your discount.
- Once booked, it is important that you fill out the "guest" details about your dog.
DISCLAIMER - If your dog has shown reactive behaviour towards other dogs, has ever been involved in a dog attack OR you feel that your dog would not cope in a group training class – please contact the RSPCA ACT Dog Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your dog is over 18 months of age please send us a contact form here requesting more information about classes for older dogs.
TRAINING UPDATE: TRAINING SESSIONS WILL NOT RUN ON THE EASTER LONG WEEKEND (2-5TH OF APRIL 2021)