Vaccination & Health Requirements
- ‘Setting up for Success: Puppy Socialisation’ and ‘Puppy Basics’ classes require a C3 vaccination at a minimum, prior to the commencement of the practical sessions, and provided the Owner understands the risks of the puppy not being vaccinated against Kennel Cough. RSPCA ACT believes that the socialisation provided during class is imperative in the critical formative period of puppyhood. The spaces used for puppies are sterilised prior to class.
- Dogs and puppies in all other classes must have an up-to-date C5 vaccination at a minimum, prior to the commencement of the practical classes.
- Vaccination certificates must be provided prior to the commencement of practical classes, and can be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or presented at the Pet Adoption Centre to be scanned and filed.
- Dogs and puppies should be up to date with flea, tick and intestinal worming (including hydatids) treatments prior to the commencement of practical classes.
- Dogs and puppies attending classes should be clinically well, with nil contagious diseases.
- Female entire dogs are not permitted to attend classes while on heat. Refund or credits apply as per the below.
Classes, Staff & Participation
- RSPCA ACT reserves the right to cancel or change any advertised Dog Training Course. In the event a Course is cancelled, RSPCA ACT will use reasonable efforts to reschedule the Course. If for any reason RSPCA ACT is unable to reschedule the Course or the new dates for the Course are not suitable for the participant, a full refund will be given.
- Course activities are conducted by RSPCA ACT staff and contractors, and may be assisted by volunteers (all hold current working with vulnerable people cards).
- Participants can bring along one family member only to the orientation session (space limitations) and additional family members to the practical training sessions as required. Each child must be supervised by an adult. Children must be able to participate in the orientation or training session(s) without disrupting the class, or you may be requested to leave the session(s) and will not be credited for the missed session(s).
- If a participant puts themselves, others or any animal at risk, they will be removed from the Course and will not be entitled to a refund or credit for any missed sessions.
Cancellations, credits & refunds
- A full refund or credit, less a $25 administration fee, will be given if a cancellation is made with a notice period of ten (10) days or more; or
- A 50% refund or credit, less a $25 administration fee, will be given if a cancellation is made with a notice period of less than ten (10) days but more than five (5) days; or
- No refund or credit will be given if cancellation is made with a notice period less than five (5) days; or
- No refund or credit will be given once classes commence.
- A refund may be given for special circumstances at the discretion of the Manager. Requests for refund must be submitted via email to email@example.com
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing, including enclosed shoes. Thongs and sandals are not acceptable. Participants may be refused entry if not dressed appropriately. Participants are advised to wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Whilst RSPCA ACT takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of all participants, you acknowledge that you and any person accompanying you to the Course enter at your own risk and consent to taking part in training sessions on this basis. By enrolling in the Course you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA ACT and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by the law.
Please enter your legal name as it appears on your identification.