Who can take part?
Everyone is welcome to attend! However, the activities are aimed at children no younger than five years old. We also ask that parents register no more than three children per adult, to ensure adequate supervision during the day.
How much does it cost?
Entry is free! Some activities will require a gold coin donation to help cover the costs of running the day.
When and Where?
Saturday 28th September 2019 from 10am to 2pm
At RSPCA ACT – 12 Kirkpatrick Street, Weston, ACT 2611
10:10am - Shelter tour
10:30am - Learn about Dogs
10:50am - Dog themed enrichment
11:10am - Shelter tour
11:50am - Learn about Cats
12:10pm - Cat themed enrichment
12:10pm - Shelter tour
1:10pm - Learn about Adopting an Animal
1:10pm - Shelter tour
All Day Activities:
- Animal Experiences - Come along and meet some adorable animals!
- Microchip your soft toy – Bring along your favourite soft toy from home or purchase one on the day. Microchip your toy and learn about responsible pet ownership. Microchip costs $6, Toys and name tags available for additional costs. While stocks last.
- Free Face painting!
- Enrichment activities – Learn about enrichment activities and make some for the animals at the shelter.
- Scavenger hunt – Search for different items in and around the shelter to win prizes!
- Sponsor a shelter animal – sponsor one of the animals currently in our care. Take home a photo of your animal to proudly display.
- Raffle - Purchase tickets in our raffle for your chance to win some fantastic prizes.
Register your Interest
Please register your interest for the Family Fun Day here. All people who register for this event will go in the draw to win a $100 Food and Beverage voucher to Mercure Canberra. To receive this prize, the winner must be present at the Family Fun Day on Saturday 28th September at 12pm. Terms and Conditions apply.
What to wear
We ask all participants to wear their following for their own safety:
- Shirt with short or long sleeves (no singlets)
- Long, sturdy pants (e.g. jeans)
- Closed-in shoes (no thongs, sandals or ballet flats)
If participants are not wearing the appropriate attire, they will not be allowed to participate in some activities.
Please be aware that some activities will be held outdoors, so please be prepared for all types of weather.
Please note: Our shelters use peanut butter as part of the enrichment program for the animals. If your child or children have allergies, or you have any concerns, please feel free to contact the Marketing Team on (02) 6287 8100 prior to registering.