Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RSPCA ACT. Please see information on the type of roles available below.
We rely on the community to continue to provide care for the thousands of animals that come into our shelter every year. Our dedicated volunteers provide invaluable assistance in many different areas and are an indispensable part of our organisation.
The RSPCA ACT have some requirements that apply to potential volunteers:
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years of age;
- Volunteers must hold Working with Vulnerable People registration. You can apply for this here: https://form.act.gov.au/smartforms/landing.htm?formCode=1318
- Volunteers working at the shelter, in animal based roles, need to commit to a minimum contribution of one two hour shift per week, for a six month period;
- Volunteers will be required to attend an orientation session during weekday business hours;
- Volunteers are also required to complete our online induction program;
- Volunteers working with animals must meet the RSPCA ACT Essential Capabilities for Animal Based Volunteer Roles;
- Volunteers working with animals must undergo a role based training program to ensure the safety of themselves, the animals, staff and members of the public;
- The RSPCA ACT do not offer short term volunteer placements for roles working with animals due to the level of training required to undertake these roles;
- Volunteers must disclose details of all health related issues (including any physical or psychological medical condition, disability (physical or intellectual), allergy, or past injury, as well as any medication which you are taking or medical treatment which you are undergoing. This enables us to consider any reasonable adjustments that may be required to enable you to perform volunteer tasks);
- All corporate volunteer placements will be managed through the Corporate Volunteer Program.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RSPCA ACT!